Your 2019-2020 Staff!

The new North Springs Oracle staff is ready for a year of getting news of North Springs and the world to the students, teachers, and all other kinds of readers.

Nelson Cummiskey

A senior here at North Springs, this will be his second year as the editor of The Oracle. He is really excited to get back to writing and informing the people of North Springs and maybe making them laugh too. He loves writing humor columns and sports articles but any kind of writing is his kind of writing. He also plays lacrosse for North Springs and participates in a few clubs here including the Anglers Club and the Food Fun Fridays Club. No one is more excited about this year of writing than he is.

Saaniah Hardy

A unique thinker, seeing the world from an upside-down point of view. If you want to see the world her way, stand on your head! Her personality is all sunshine and flowers, a serendipitous reflection of her favorite way to spend her free time: surrounded by nature. Since middle school being a journalist has been her dream. Her passion all started with her role as a video editor and producer for her Middle School newscast. Since then, she’s now pushing her journalist career with the Oracle staff, helping the best she can.

Isabelle Mokotoff 

A root beer float aficionado, Isabelle is excited to serve as Oracle’s Managing Editor this year. She spent this past summer honing her journalistic prowess, working at American Jewish Committee’s journalism intern and studying at The School of The New York Times Summer Academy. In her spare time, Isabelle enjoys window shopping with friends, listening to podcasts, and chauffeuring her two younger siblings around town. She looks forward to a productive year filled with captivating news stories, and hopefully one or two college acceptances along the way.

Jasmine Potts

A small-town girl who just moved to a large city. Jasmine has high hopes for her future and is excited to hone in on her writing skills as she believes it will help her grow as a person.  Jasmine never pictured herself in journalism, but people would think otherwise by how often she writes poems and books. Writing is Jasmine’s preferred method of expressing herself. Her voice speaks volumes about both herself and topics near and dear to her heart. Jasmine plans to learn, grow, maybe even publish a book. 

Senam Quartey

A young aspiring sports journalist, Senam is looking for an avenue to be great at what he does. The Oracle has provided this avenue. Migrating from Ghana, West Africa, he loves to work hard and put forth his best work. He is currently a Varsity athlete for the school’s football team and track and field program. He hopes to be successful in everything he does his senior and wants to be supportive of his fellow Oracle members in propelling the school newspaper to be one of the best in the country

Courtney Suber

A sophomore at NSCHS who shows interest in political writings and op-ed’s. Being a member of North Springs’s mock trial team, a scholar of the Harvard Debate Council Diversity Project, and a past member of the Atlanta Urban Debate League, Courtney sees the importance in civil discussion and respectful discourse. She hopes to deliver information and data that helps the students of NSCHS stay updated!