Interview by Nelson Cummiskey
North Springs Sophomore Victoria McQueen was recently featured on American Idol, beginning with an audition that landed a “Golden Ticket to Hollywood” in her first appearance on the show, along with her family, up until her third aired competition tonight.
Her first appearance on the show netted her a viewing party at the Sandy Springs Hudson Grille in Sandy Springs, where many NSHS students, staff and family joined her for a special screening of her first televised appearance.
Although she didn’t win, Victoria has already received accolades as the “baby” of American Idol, for her touching story about how she was born on the day the first Episode of American Idol aired. Her first song, Don’t You Worry About a Thing,” a Stevie Wonder classic, wowed both judges and audiences alike.
Prior to her final appearance on the show, we sat down with Victoria to ask her a few questions about her time on the show and future plans. Here are the top 10 facts you may not know about Victoria McQueen!
- Her father was supportive of her singing, so when he found out that American Idol was coming back on the air, they woke up early and waited in line for a while.
- Victoria sang “Don’t You Worry About a Thing” by Stevie Wonder, featured in the movie “Sing”
- Her audition was held in December of 2017 but was aired on TV on March 19, 2018 at 8/7 central.
- She chose American Idol because it was the OG talent show.
- She started singing at a young age, and her parents started to notice her hitting notes. She remembers singing “Fruit Salad” by the Wiggles; it was because of this, her parents noticed that she could sing well.
- Although she prefers R&B, and Pop, she enjoys every kind of music.
- She wants to rule the world and become the next Beyoncé.
- She says it is amazing and cool to be a part of this.
- She will keep doing what she loves and performing for the world to hear.
- Expectations were high and Victoria made it to the third round. Despite the defeat, she retained the same amount of spunk that she had when she started, and vowed to be back and keep on living her dream.