Spring has finally sprung! With spring comes pollen and with pollen comes allergies for many. As the weather gets warmer, pollen counts soar. Atlanta has set all-time records for pollen counts in the past few years and this has become a huge problem for people who suffer from asthma and allergy sufferers as well. Below are a few allergy prevention tips:
- Keep windows in your home and car closed to prevent pollen from entering your home or car. Also set air conditioners the recirculate in your car and home to avoid outside, pollen-rich air.
- The pollen counts are the highest between 5am and 10am, so limiting your outside exposure during those times can be extremely helpful for diminishing your allergies.
- The best time to go outside is after heavy rainfall in the spring.
- Wash your face and hands after you’ve been outside to remove pollen. Also, change and wash clothes if they’ve been exposed to pollen.
- Visit your allergist or doctor to see if an allergy shot is for you. Be consistent with your allergy medications for best results.